If you have been using your coffee machine for many days and now the drink tastes weird then it is time that you must clean your coffee machine. There are different types of latte machines available in the market and so their cleaning requirements would be different as well. However, we have a few tips that will work for any machine so you have to pay proper attention.
To clean your latte machine the best, you must have the following things:
- Coffee machine
- Damp and dry dish towel
Follow the given steps to clean the latte machines.
- You have to start by emptying the carafe and rinse it properly with water. It will help you to dump out the grounded coffee that has been left behind
- Now take a bowl and add an equal amount of white vinegar and water. Now fill it in the chamber of the coffee maker.
- Start the brew cycle, wait until it has reached midway, and then turn it off. Now let it sit for at least one hour.
- After an hour you have to turn on the machine so that the cycle will finish
- Remove the solution from the latte machine and then fill it with clean water. Now you have to run a complete brew cycle once again. Repeat the procedure twice or more so that the machine will cool down during the cycles.
- Now clean the exterior of the machine and wash the carafe as well as the filter basket in the warm soapy water
Now all you have to do is reassemble the machine and it would be ready to provide you with the best cup of coffee.
Tips to clean latte machines
Here are a few tips that will help you keep your machine clean and well-maintained for a long time.
1-Rinse every time
Whenever you make coffee, it is important that you rinse the carafe every time. The reason is that it will keep the machine clean and even if you forget to clean it once a week, you will not have to deal with the bad flavors. You can use slightly warm water for the process. You can also mix some soap in the water and it will help to remove the entire previous residue. If you will do it regularly then cleaning per week can be prolonged to the time of a month.
In case that you do not have the time to clean the latte machines regularly due to busy time frame then a deep clean once a week would be a perfect choice. The method has been mentioned above and it will provide you with the following benefits:
- You will remove all the grease that has been reducing the performance of the coffee maker
- If you have the traditional latte machine then you can easily wait for 6 months. Otherwise, the per week plan is the ideal choice
- You will not have to worry about any fungus build up in the machine
3-Use the Brush
In case that your coffee machine has burrs and other hard to reach equipment then brush is the best choice. The reason is that the residue will be accumulated in the small spaces and it will not come out with the help of the warm water. When you will use the brush the small bristles will easily reach the small place and so all the residue will be easily removed and it is a quick method to clean the machine. Ensure that you have the brush with the 90 degrees angle.
4-Never forget the power of vinegar and baking soda
Baking soda and vinegar are your best cleaning partners if you are planning to save time and money. You can use any of them with water and your latte machins will be cleaned like magic. The best thing about these products is that they are natural and you will not have to worry about any kind of side effects.
They also have special antibacterial properties that will kill the germs in your machine. So when you rinse the latte machines with clear water it will be as good as new.
It is important that you clean the machine every time you brew coffee. Every week you must clean the entire machine and grinder properly so that all the dirt and residue will be removed. If you do not pay attention towards cleaning the machine it would lead to mold build-up that would be dangerous for your health. Also the machine will stop working. Take extra care of your product so you can use it for a long time.